Promotional Video Editing – Wall Street Green Trading Summit
I just finished editing a video for the Wall Street Green Trading Summit. Something like this takes about a day to edit. Check it out.
This is pretty standard fare for convention, events and promotional video. Here’s the formula for editing a promotional video of an event.
- Take a few MTV shots (slam zooms, tilts, quick pans, slam wide — stuff like that) of all signage.
- Get some crowd shots (not very much needed)
- Get shots of people smiling or shaking hands (bonus points if you catch somebody handing somebody else a business card!)
- Animate their logo
- Cut some SOTs (sots are video sound bites) from the conference or speakers.
- Lay it all down on a techno or electro (modern) track of music to make it all seem uber-hip.
- Keep it under a 2 minutes.
- Don’t have any shot last more then a second without panning, zooming, jump cutting, pushing in or changing shots…except maybe the SOTS…still, add some movement to the sots…slow push in or something.
- Add some transitions between the shots to keep things moving.
- Color correct and oversaturate or de-saturate a bit or boost the contrast a bit, add a slight sharpen filter or glow — basically, effect the heck out of every shot.
So there you go…you’ve made your first promotional video!